ORLANDO, FL [NBAA Annual Meeting & Convention] – November 8, 2005 – In October, Aircell shipped its 3,500th airborne telecommunication system, and the company is poised to complete its most successful year on record.
“2005 is a record-shattering year for Aircell in every respect, and we’re grateful to our customers, dealers and strategic partners for helping further solidify Aircell’s position as the leader in airborne telecommunications,” said Jack W. Blumenstein, Chairman & CEO. “Introducing our next-generation Aircell Axxess™ satcom system here in Orlando will take our product line to a whole new level as the year comes to a close. Looking ahead, we expect 2006 to be even more significant in terms of growth, further new products and enhancements, and key industry strategic partnering relationships.”
• For the 12 month period ending 10/31/05, the company shipped more than 1,100 airborne telecommunication systems, exceeding the previous corresponding period by more than 50%.
• In October, Aircell shipped its 3,500th airborne telecommunication system since the company began full-scale commercial operation five years ago. With that number of systems shipped during that time period, Aircell is believed to be the fastest growing airborne telecom company in history – even outpacing phone system manufacturers whose products were installed as standard equipment during the high-volume aircraft production runs of the early 1980’s.
• Aircell received its 27th airborne telecommunications patent.
• The majority of Aircell’s cellular-based customers upgraded to one of its satellite-based products under a company-sponsored program as the company’s original analog cellular network was phased out.
• Aircell greatly increased its penetration in international markets. 2005 unit sales in the European region doubled over 2004. Aircell also recently hired its first full-time employee in Europe to supplement the representation of its European distributor, DAC International.
Aircell® is the leader in global airborne telecommunications for the Business Aviation market. Its products are offered by virtually every fixed- and rotor-wing airframe manufacturer in business aviation, and are installed aboard the world’s four largest fractional ownership fleets. A single-source, turnkey provider of equipment, service, and technical support, Aircell simplifies airborne communications and keeps you In Touch, In Flight®.
The 2006 winner of the FCC’s exclusive broadband frequency license, Aircell is also pioneering a revolutionary new wireless broadband system for North America. Available only from Aircell, it will include robust Wi-Fi hotspots that enable airline passengers to surf the Internet, use e-mail, and log on to their corporate VPN’s using their personal 802.11a/b/g-equipped Wi-Fi data devices. The system will also offer airline operational communications capabilities and provide a path to a wealth of future cabin services.
Set for introduction in 2008, the new broadband service will also be available to business aircraft operators, offering a similar set of features.
Aircell (www.aircell.com) has facilities in Louisville, Colorado, and Itasca, Illinois, USA.